There are a number of reasons people become edentulous (without teeth). The most common being removal of teeth due to dental disease relating to oral flora control (periodontal disease and tooth decay).
• Aesthetics: Having the presence of teeth gives a more natural look to your face. Wearing a denture to replace missing teeth will provide support for the lips and cheeks thus correcting the appearance of collapsed.
• Mastication: Replacing edentulous areas with denture teeth improves your chewing ability tenfold.
• Pronunciation: Missing teeth can often affect your speech and pronunciation of words. Replacing missing teeth (especially anteriors) with dentures, enables patients to speak better.
• Self-Esteem: Most people feel a boost in their self-confidence when their looks and speech improve. Social interactions will no longer be a source of anxiety, but a source of joy.
Partial dentures are available for those with some natural teeth remaining. Otherwise, complete dentures will be placed.
Regardless of the reason you are experiencing edentulous, dentures should be a serious consideration. Your oral health and overall appearance will be positively affected.
Typically, conventional dentures are a full removable denture that replaces missing teeth and the adjacent tissues. It is custom made to fit your mouth exactly and will be placed after any remaining teeth are removed and the tissues have healed. A conventional denture is usually placed in the mouth about one month after your teeth are removed. This allows time for proper healing (unlike an immediate denture which is placed as soon as teeth are removed). Typical candidates for complete dentures are people who have lost more or all of their teeth.
• Dr Gandhi will remove any remaining teeth left in your mouth
• You will have a consult about how you would like your dentures to look
• An impression of your mouth will be taken
• You will have a few trial fittings once the conventional denture is actually made
• Any needed adjustments will be made to the dentures after you’ve had time to adjust to them
• Increased Chewing Ability
• Support for facial muscles and bone
• Aesthetic improvement to smile and face
• Improved speech and pronunciation of words
An excellent option that offers the cost effective convenience of dentures combined with the stability of implants. The use of implant overdentures dates back as far as 100 years. Specifically, implant overdentures are removable partial or complete dentures that cover and rest on one or more reaming natural teeth, roots, and/or dental implants. The retained root or implant provides you with excellent stability and support for your denture implants.
Unlike traditional dentures, root-supported or implant-supported overdentures or implant dentures are held in place by dental attachments that provide the strength and support you need. There are many added health benefits to implant overdentures including maximum retention and a significant increase in function.
• Saving your natural roots or having dental implants placed with preserve bone and excellent support
• Periodontal Maintenance
• Simple Construction- superior denture stability
• Cost Effective
• Allows for better chewing and phonetic abilities
• Less trauma to supporting tissues
• Dental Implant Placement:
If all of your upper and lower teeth are missing, you may have a custom-made denture secured using dental implants. The number of implants tends to vary from patient to patient.
• Custom Overdenture Creation:
You will be fitted for a custom overdenture that attaches directly to the implants. The holes in the overdenture will be covered after attachment.
• Overdentures Will Be Attached:
The final step in the overdenture process is to have your new teeth firmly supported by the implants in order to stimulate the jaw and maintain the bone. Dr. Gandhi can remove the denture when necessary for maintenance or other necessary times such as cleaning.